THE Tourism Safety and Support Programme (TSSP) is a free service in the Western Cape, offering immediate support and assistance to international tourists in distress.
The programme is run by the Western Cape Department of Economic Development and Tourism through the use of regional representatives who are on call 24/7 to address incidents speedily.
The Southern Cape emergency contact is Ilze Jacobs (Contact details: 082 972 2507; ilze.jacobs@westerncape. gov.za
The aim is not to duplicate existing emergency response procedures, but to assist with the facilitation of the required assistance in the most efficient manner possible.
The following support is provided:
• Support in an instance of medical or emotional trauma, which involves the facilitation of medical treatment and visiting victims whilst in hospital;
• Assistance with temporary accommodation;
• Assistance with basic necessities (where possible, and required);
• Assistance with contacting of family members or friends;
• Facilitation of psychological counselling;
• Provision of logistical assistance and advice to the next of kin in the event of the death of a foreign tourist in South Africa;
• Assistance with language difficulties;
• Assistance with legal issues and processes with the assistance of the Police, if required;
• Assistance with short-term transport arrangements (airline, car hire, tour operators, etc.);
• Facilitation of Embassy involvement;
• Assistance in acquiring replacement documents (passports, flight tickets).